Spectacular South Africa - with Victoria Falls, Summer 2020
Spectacular South Africa – With Victoria Falls, Summer 2020
A showcase of beautiful wildernesses, eclectic cultures, warm hospitality and rich heritage, this journey will take you from cosmopolitan Cape Town into the heart of Big Five territory. Uncover the history of South Africa, while luxuriously travelling like the intrepid explorers of the past. Meet extraordinary local characters, and taste the Cape’s finest wines and culinary delights. Your journey concludes with a three-day safari in the Sabi Sands, known for having one of the planet’s highest concentrations of animal species.
- Cape Town: Enjoy a dazzling Welcome Dinner, hosted at Camissa Brasserie. Boasting unrivalled views of the harbour and Table Mountain, Cammisa Brasserie offers traditional fine dining inspired by the diverse cuisine brought to South Africa by its early settlers. West Coast mussels, wild rosemary lamb shank and parma-ham-wrapped springbok loin are some of the dishes to look forward to. Taste some of the Cape’s top wines, as you drink a toast to your journey ahead.
- Cape Point: You’re invited to an exquisite lunch with wine at the elegant Harbour House in Kalk Bay, bringing you as close as possible to the water as you admire views of False Bay and the Hottentots Mountain Range.
- Cape Winelands: One of the oldest and grandest wine estate’s in the Cape, Vergelegen boasts lovely gardens and a stunning Cape Dutch manor house. Explore the grounds and enjoy a private wine tasting hosted by the estate’s winemaker in a private cellar.
- Cape Winelands: Lunch Farm-to-Table style served at The Werf Restaurant in Boschendal Wine Estate, one of the oldest farms in the country.
- Cape Winelands: Explore the sensibilities of Cape Town Dutch style at Grande Provence, and enjoy a tasting of the estate’s award-winning wines.
- Kruger National Park: After your evening game drive, raise a glass to your travels as you savour your Celebration Dinner beneath a blanket of stars.
- Victoria Falls: Feast at the legendary Boma Restaurant before a showcase of African drumming.
- Dining Summary: 11 Breakfasts (B), 2 Lunches (L), 5 Lunches with Wine (LW) and 7 Dinners with Wine (DW).
- Cape Peninsula: Embark on one of the world’s most legendary drives, journeying from the city centre along the Cape Peninsula towards Cape Point, passing the trendy suburbs of Sea Point, Clifton and Camps Bay.
- Hout Bay: Whilst visiting the village of Hout Bay, there may be a chance to see Duiker Island’s Cape fur seals.
- Cape Point Nature Reserve: As you wander along the trails, be sure to stay alert for your chance to catch a glimpse of the abundant wildlife that live here, including reebok, Cape Mountain zebra, bontebok and the elusive eland.
- Cape Point Nature Reserve: A park ranger accompanies you to the secluded Boulders Beach. Learn about the surrounding flora and fauna, including local residents, a colony of African penguins.
- Table Mountain: Enjoy a VIP ride to the summit of Table Mountain on the famous cable car with 360-degree views of the Mother City. At the top, enjoy a private drink reception and marvel at the African sunset.
- Cape Winelands: Take a scenic drive through fertile wine valleys of the Cape and travel through scenic Franschhoek.
- Winelands: Relax and enjoy a scenic drive as you are chauffeured back to your hotel in a vintage car.
- Robben Island: Journey by ferry to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Robben Island, best known for its prison where Nelson Mandela and many other famous anti-apartheid activists were imprisoned.
- Robben Island: Join a Local Expert for an insightful tour of the former prison and meet an ex-political prisoner who shares personal anecdotes as you explore.
- Cape Town: Visit the Amy Foundation, a non-profit organisation in Cape Town. Witness how the lives of young people are being transformed through empowering programmes when you visit a township and school to meet some of the beneficiaries.
- Kruger National Park: Keep an eye out for the Big Five, as you embark on a three-day safari with six game-drives in a private, open-air safari vehicle. More than just animal spotting, you will learn about this delicate ecosystem and how all inhabitants, great and small, influence and affect their surrounding environment.
- Victoria Falls: Delight in an iconic sunset cruise along the Zambezi River, once navigated by British explorer David Livingstone, be prepared to spot local wildlife such as hippos and elephants.
- Victoria Falls: See the awe-inspiring Victoria Falls alongside a Local Expert who will share stories about the area’s history and folklore with you. The sheer magnitude of the waterfalls, the largest in the world, will take your breath away.
- Kruger National Park: Situated in the Sabi Sands, which boasts one of the planet’s highest concentrations of animal species, the Lion Sands Lodges offer exquisite treehouse-style rooms, luxury suites with private decks and plunge pools, and an open-air lounge and dining area overlooking the Sabie River.
- Victoria Falls: Step back into a grand Victorian era at the beautiful 111-year-old Victoria Falls Hotel, offering magnificent views of Victoria Falls and a selection of elegant terraces, timeless lounges and classy guest bedrooms.
- Cape Town: Join Christo Brand, a former prison guard at the Victor Verster prison – where Nelson Mandela spent the last 14 months of his 27-year-long imprisonment – for lunch at the Amy Foundation and hear fascinating stories about one of history’s most heroic figures.
Inclusive Luxury Gold Services
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organi…
Welcome to the Mother City.
Cape Peninsula and Lunch in Cape Point.
Majestic Table Mountain.
Historic Cape Winelands.
Amy Foundation and Robben Island.
Luxury Safari Experience.
Looking for the Big Five.
We're going on a Safari.
Farewell South Africa and onto Victoria Falls.
Majestic Victoria Falls.
Farewell Victoria Falls.